Kallam Grove’s Local and Foreign Missions
A guiding principle of Kallam Grove’s Board of Missions is Jesus’ commandment stated in Matthew 22:39 to love thy neighbor as thyself. Our goal is to serve our local communities by supporting local service organizations that provide services to the underserved in western Rockingham County.
Part of what we see as our commitment to Christ’s service is to provide out of what God has given to us, for the needs of those in our local community and in the world at large. In Matthew 25: 40, Jesus said that any assistance given to our needy brothers and sisters will be the same as doing it for Jesus.
2017 Mission Projects:
- Serve a meal at the Soup Kitchen of Reidsville at least 4 times a year.
- Assist the Salvation Army by restocking commodity shelves and by ringing the bell at least one day at Mayodan’s Walmart during their Christmas drive.
- Provide labor for Hands of God Ministry as needed in 2 hour blocks of time with stocking shelves or distributing supplies to families.
- Mail “Thinking- of-You” cards to our college students on their birthdays, on other special occasions, and on a once-a-month basis. The cards include a gift of money.
- Prepare and deliver meals for when needed congregational members for any reason .
- Collect and donate cold weather items to shelters.
- Assist Lot 2540, a local benevolent mission, with labor and supplies.
- Send used Christmas and All-Occasion cards to St Jude’s Hospital as a donation.
- Provide money to organizations like Hospice of Rockingham County, Salvation Army, Domestic Abuse, Samaritan’s Purse, and to individuals in need upon request.
- Assist with Operation In As Much to find a family needing assistance with any project at home.
- Assist with World Changers 2017 to find families needing assistance with any project at home.
- Collect paper products for Hands of God Ministry.
- Sponsor and direct the annual Souper Bowl Sunday fellowship and mission collection event for the Kallam Grove congregation.
- Provide assistance to school teachers in securing school supplies for their students.
- Begin a Box Tops for Education collection program to benefit our local schools.