What We Believe
The church acknowledges as its sole Head, Jesus Christ, the son of God and the Savior of humankind. It acknowledges as brother and sisters in Christ all who share in this confession. It looks to the Word of God in the Scriptures and to the presence and redemptive work in the world. It claims as its own the faith of the historic Church expressed in the ancient creeds and reclaimed in the basic insights of Protestant Reformers. It affirms the responsibility of the Church in each generation to make this faith its own, in accordance with the teaching of our Lord and the practice prevailing among evangelical Christians. It recognizes two Sacraments: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper or Holy Communion regardless of where administered. One expression of this faith is upheld in the principles of the affirmations of the founders of Kallam Grove Christian Church.
Principles of Affirmation
1. Christ is the only head of the Church.
2. The name Christian is the only appellation by which we will be known to the exclusion of all party or sectarian names.
3. The Holy Bible or the Scriptures of Old and New Testaments is our only creed and confession of faith.
4. Christian character or vital piety is the true Scriptural test of fellowship and of church membership.
5. The right of private judgment and the liberty of conscience is a right and privilege that should be accorded to and exercised by all.